Projects

rawrscope

rawrscope is my stab at making a tool for creating oscilloscope views of audio, not unlike SidWizPlus or corrscope. However, unlike those two programs, I'm putting my main focus on performance and user-experience. It's written in Rust and uses wgpu for GPU acceleration. My specialized line rendering algorithm has already proven to outperform any conventional 2D graphics libraries, but I have yet to fully implement enough to truly test my performance against the existing oscilloscope projects.

github

aur-ui

The interface for browsing packages on my AUR repository, written in Elm. Nothing really special, but it was fun to play around with Elm.

gitlab

web-backend

The backend for this website! Written in Rust using the warp web framework. Again, nothing too fancy, but it works really well for me. The code is a bit messy, but it gets the job done.

gitlab

furbot

A funny adventure into interfacing with the Discord API through async Rust. This was written before async/await was anywhere near being implemented yet, so everything is done using futures combinators. At its deepest echelon of filth, it reaches 18 levels of indentation, so I am surprised that it is able to hold up at all. Either way, now that async/await is a thing, I want to try playing with this idea of making a new Discord interface for Rust, but it's a low priority for me.

gitlab

Hall of Shame

Chroma

A massively overengineered attempt at writing a Discord bot, written in a time where I only kinda knew what I was doing. I thought it would be a good idea to make each component its own executable that communicates over a WebSocket connection using Protobuf messages, but that really did not end well. The broker between all the components was a nasty server written in Go; every line of it is straight cursed.

gitlab

demokit

demokit was my first attempt at writing a framework for creating demoscene productions. It actually went pretty far, but once I tried using it, I realized that I was even less productive using it compared to if I were to just directly write some graphics code. What I thought would be a system of reusable components proved to not be reusable at all.

gitlab

Shapeshifter

My second attempt at making a demo framework. This one was much more short-lived and suffered a fate similar to Chroma: massively overengineered. I wanted to make a language-agnostic plugin system, but it all became too messy and I couldn't figure out how to make it all work.

gitlab

Rift

This was supposed to be my attempt at a highly polished Roblox game; a instagib deathmatch game inspired by Tesseract. However, I didn't get past writing a simple main menu because I quickly realized how much I HATE working with the Roblox API.

gitlab